summerarctic
One Sunday, I received a call from Mark. He wanted to surprised his wife, Carolyn by throwing a surprise 20th Anniversary garden party at their house but he had no idea how to go from a seed thought into a full blown event. Just one week away from the actual day, he'd no choice but to throw away the surprise and just let Carolyn knows that he'd only booked the canopy and nothing else. Hence, the call to me. I jumped at the opportunity to be able to be part of the project and instantly started asking questions and came out with the invite first thing.
At the final possible moment, I roped in David to help me do the setup. After service on Sunday, we drove to KL to buy flowers and to my biggest shock, I found out that no flowers were delivered the day before and there was no lily for me! In the midst of the rain, we rain stall to stall to buy off what they have. After that, we went to collect the "wife" and "husband" biscuit from another shop before rushing back to Mark and Carolyn's house to start on the decor. Took us three hours to setup everything right down to the moment when guests started filing in.

Was too busy that I didnt get to take photos of the setup but here are some of it I took from other photographers. =)

For some reason, people actually liked this heart-shaped folded napkins. Which I brilliantly hid the fork and spoon in. Ironically, people do no use their plates but took another set from the buffet table...

Only the night before I got to see the whole setup and I see a LOT OF WHITE! Which was not supposed to be there. Hence I try to hide it with near-black and red napkins for table. If I have more time, I would have gone to buy red and black nettings to wrap the white cloths at the pillars but alas, time does not permit.

Mark came out with this brilliant idea to give "lou poh beng" or wife-cake as the gift for the guests. After researching, I found husband cake too! So we decided to packed the two pieces into packs for the guests.




0 Responses

Post a Comment